Epiphany is seeking a new editor-in-chief to carry on the editorial tradition that has championed authors like Elena Ferrante and Domingo Martinez before they were household names, and landed us on the pages of Pushcart, the Best American series, and The New York Times.
Fundamental responsibilities include:
- Executing an editorial vision for two issues of Epiphany per year.
- Soliciting work (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic lit, art) from emerging and established writers/artists.
- Selecting work from our unsolicited submissions (with assistance from our team of editors and readers).
- Working with authors to edit pieces for each issue.
- Collaborating with senior and associate editors.
- Collaborating with the managing editor on organizational work, which includes hosting events, presenting the magazine at book fairs, fundraising, promotion/outreach, etc.
Applicants should be committed to championing a broad and diverse range of writing and art - including a significant amount of writing in translation - with a focus on work that presents fresh and underrepresented perspectives.
Commitment: 12-15 hrs/week
Location: Applicants should be based in or around NYC.
Compensation: upon inquiry
For more details, contact managing editor Moss Turpan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS VIA SUBMITTABLE
Deadline to submit: SUNDAY, MAY 7th